When you desire a fast drying time — but not as fast as acetone — 100% pure Methyl Ethyl Ketone is a good choice for thinning specified coatings, including polyester and epoxy resins, ink, and adhesives. This versatile solvent can also be used for cleaning up dried latex paint, lacquer and adhesives.
This item is for store pick up only.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Follow the coating manufacturer’s instructions for the proper amount of M.E.K. required. We recommend starting with a ratio of 4 ounces per gallon. Do not use more than recommended.
IMPORTANT: Carefully read all directions, notes and cautions prior to use. Only use this product as directed on the label. Do not apply to floors or any other large surface areas because fire and health safety risks will increase dramatically. Protect eyes with chemical splash goggles and avoid prolonged skin contact.
STORAGE: Do not use or store this product near any source of heat or open flame, furnace areas, pilot lights, stoves, etc. Keep it in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures below 120°. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not reuse this container.
DISPOSAL: If container is corroded, rusted or shows other signs of deterioration, dispose of product. Dispose of empty cans and leftover product at your local household hazardous waste collection facility. If one is not available, dispose of in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
DANGER! EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. KEEP AWAY FROM HEAT, SPARKS, FLAME AND ALL OTHER SOURCES OF IGNITION. VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE OR IGNITE EXPLOSIVELY. VAPORS MAY TRAVEL LONG DISTANCES TO OTHER AREAS AND ROOMS AWAY FROM WORK SITE.
Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off all stoves, heaters, electric motors and all other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone.
USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION TO PREVENT BUILDUP OF VAPORS.
Do not use in areas where vapors can accumulate and concentrate such as basements, bathrooms and small, enclosed areas. Whenever possible use outdoors in an open air area. If using indoors, open all windows and doors and maintain a cross ventilation of moving fresh air across the work area. If strong odor is noticed or you experience slight dizziness – STOP – ventilation is inadequate. Leave area immediately. IF THE WORK AREA IS NOT WELL VENTILATED, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors.
DANGER! HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. EYE IRRITANT. VAPOR HARMFUL.
Contains Methyl Ethyl Ketone. Reports have associated repeated and prolonged overexposure to solvents with neurological and other physiological damage. Intentional misuse of this product by deliberately concentrating and inhaling vapors can be harmful or fatal. Avoid breathing of vapors or mist and contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Do not take internally.
FIRST AID - IF SWALLOWED, do not induce vomiting, immediately call your poison control center, hospital
emergency room or physician immediately for instructions.
IN CASE OF EYE CONTACT, immediately flush with water, remove any contact lens, continue flushing with water for at least 15 minutes, then get immediate
IN CASE OF SKIN CONTACT, immediately wash with soap and water. If irritation persists, get medical attention.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Not for use or sale in California